Nikon Coolshot 20 vs TecTecTec VPRO500
There are some great golf rangefinders on the market right now but with so much to consider it’s difficult to know how to choose one. so I’m pitting two of the best sellers up against each other. In this article, I’m going to take a look at two of the best golf rangefinders at their price point. I’ll look at the good and bad points of each and recommend which you should be putting at the top of your list of essential purchases for your next golf outing. Let’s take a look at the Nikon Coolshot 20 vs TecTecTec VPRO500 and see which one comes out on top.
Nikon Coolshot 20
Nikon always finds a way into every type of visual market, especially when it comes to golfing rangefinders. As a highly reputable brand, you’ll be able to get the most out of your golf game with the help of the Nikon Coolshot 20. It’s relatively basic in design but what it brings to the table makes up for its lack of illustrious features.
Several favorite features of the Nikon Coolshot 20 include:
With the help of the Target Priority technology, if you’re measuring multiple items that are seemingly layered on top of each other, your rangefinder will prioritize the closest object, giving you accurate measurements.
Multiple Target Measuring
With the help of the integrated continuous scanning mode, you’ll have eight seconds of continuous measurements so you can get an idea of how far away multiple targets are.
- Two batteries included
- The lightest and most compact golf rangefinder Nikon produces will fit easily into a pocket or golf bag
- First target priority technology allows for the closest object in a group of objects to be measured every time
- A single press of the power button provides 8-second continuous measurement scanning to allow for quick measurements to multiple targets
What’s to like about the Nikon Coolshot 20
Lightweight and compact design
If you’ve ever had the ability to use a Nikon rangefinder before, you’re aware of how large they can typically be. Fortunately, with the design of the Nikon Coolshot 20, the manufacturers were able to create something that is far more lightweight and easy to store while you’re on the green.
Easy for everyone to use
No matter if you’ve never owned a rangefinder before or if you’re a professional golfer, the Nikon Coolshot 20 is comfortable to use on a daily basis. All you have to do is look through the viewfinder, press the button once your pin has been targeted, and read the measurements.
A carrying case is included
Some people might think that additional accessories aren’t necessary, but with golfing rangefinders, you’re going to need some type of protection to keep your investment safe. Luckily, the Nikon Coolshot 20 comes with a carrying case.
What’s not to like about the Nikon Coolshot 20
Difficult to stabilize
It’s important to remember that the more lightweight a device is, the more difficult it will be to keep steady. In this case, you may have to use two hands in an effort to measure targets at a distance, as the Nikon Coolshot 20 doesn’t seem to have an integrated stabilizer.
Difficult to pick up pins
Another issue that you may have with this rangefinder is its difficulty with differentiating your pin from other background items, such as trees. This can lead to inaccurate findings or needing to measure the same target several times.
Fast measurements • Difficult to stabilize
When it comes to finding the best rangefinder, you’re going to need to find a design that is lightweight, easy to use, and gives you the clarity that you’ve always wanted with precise measurements. The TecTecTec VPRO500 aims to impress as it offers all of these things, as well as a couple of other great benefits that other high-end golf rangefinders don’t.
There are plenty of highlights to take into consideration with the TecTecTec VPRO500, including:
When it comes to getting measurements, you’ll love the integration of the Pinsensor Technology which is designed to give you incredibly fast accuracy and the ability to measure subjects that might be layered on top of one another. You’ll truly be able to experience this elevated type of measuring if you’re golfing in wooded areas or around hazards.
Another great advantage of this particular golf rangefinder is that it offers lens display or through the lens display. This allows you to easily read measurements as well as check the battery meter to help make using it far simpler.
There’s nothing more precise than being able to measure between point A and B with the help of a laser. The laser measuring gives you the ability to track things up to 540 yards away from your person.
- PREMIUM LASER RANGEFINDER; The VPRO500 Golf Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pin-Seeker technology, and a durable rainproof body.
- ADVANCED PIN-SEEKER TECHNOLOGY; Provides fast measurement with +/- 1 yard accuracy, together with Pin-Seeker technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas.
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; Premium, ultra-clear, multi-layered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and low battery indicator, and continuous measurement mode for fast and convenient measurements.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, PORTABLE AND DURABLE; Measures just 4.09 x 2.83 x 1.61 inches and weighing just 6.52 oz with a rain resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk. High-quality 6x monocular lens with multi-layer coating for bright clear images.
- FULL PACKAGE; Complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, wrist strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, quick start guide, TecTecTec Happiness Guarantee for 2 Years (Online Registration Required) and Lifetime Customer Support. That's what we call a full package!
What’s to like about the TecTecTec VPRO500
Automatically shuts off
One of the greatest advantages to the TecTecTec VPRO500 is it has a feature that automatically powers the unit down if you forget to turn it off after taking measurements. This allows you to spend more time golfing and less time dealing with technology.
Simple to operate
If you’re not the type of person who likes to spend a lot of time fooling around with advanced features, the TecTecTec VPRO500 is exactly what you’ve been looking for. All you need to do is select the appropriate measuring mode, point, and shoot.
What’s not to like about the TecTecTec VPRO500
Needs to be held steadily
If there’s one thing that makes using this rangefinder particularly difficult it’s that it needs to be held extremely steady in order to get accurate measurements. For people with jittery hands, it might not be the right rangefinder with you.
Difficult to find pins
As a result of there not being a stabilizer integrated into the design, the TecTecTec VPRO500 makes it quite difficult to find and focus on pins, especially if they are over 150 yards away.
Great value for money •
Both the Nikon Coolshot 20 and the TecTecTec vpro500 have a lot to offer. Both have excellent user feedback, are extremely easy to use and come at a reasonable price point. I don’t think you could go wrong with either rangefinder. However, on balance, I’d say that the Nikon Coolshot just edges it for me. You get the brand quality that comes with Nikon who are the renowned top quality camera manufacturers and who have been involved in making optical devices for over 100 years. The Nikon is easy to use, fits snuggly in the palm of your hand and for the price point, I’d say it has the best optics in its class.