Best Golf Travel Bag for the Money?
People who love to play golf, really love to play golf, take it from me I’ve become an obsessive golfer over the years. As a golfer, you make time in your schedule on weekends and holidays to pack up the clubs and play a round at your favorite course. And whether you travel for business or pleasure, one of the first things I bet you look for is a golf course near where you will be visiting.
But you can’t just grab your golf bag and throw it in the cargo hold of a plane. You need extra protection for your clubs, balls, and everything else you choose to take along for the ride. The marketplace is full of travel bags and here are a few for you to consider.
Which bag you choose will eventually come down to your physical ability to handle loads, the protective capabilities of the bag, and cost. There is a bag out there for every purpose. Ask yourself what problem you need solved, and decide how much you are willing to spend. Let’s have a look at the best golf travel bag for the money.
Best Golf Travel Bag Reviews
CaddyDaddy Golf Constrictor 2 Travel Cover
You have quite an investment in your golfing gear and you want to make sure it is as well protected as possible when you travel. This Golf Constrictor, or golf travel bag, is manufactured by CaddyDaddy, a well-known entity in the golfing industry for the past 15 years. This bag is designed to take the abuse of baggage handlers to rattling around with the rest of the luggage in the cargo hold to keep your gear safe and secure.
Constructed of heavy duty nylon, this soft-sided case should wear like iron. Large enough, at 13 x 50 x 15 inches, all bags up to 10” cart bags should fit inside comfortably. Lightweight, it only weighs about 8 pounds, so it doesn’t add a great amount of weight to your clubs.
However, no need to worry because you don’t have to carry it. The bag comes equipped with easy rolling in-line skate wheels to keep you moving through airports and hotel lobbies so you can keep up your pace.
Once you place your golf bag inside this golf constrictor, you’ll notice the extra heavy padding at the top, 1.5 inches worth, to protect your club heads. There are also 2 cinch straps inside that will keep your golf bag secure.
With your golf bag in place, zip up the bag and you can still load up the 2 external zippered pockets. You have plenty of room for tees, balls, shoes, sunscreen, and anything else you might need. Finish packing with the 2 exterior cinch straps. If you need to carry the bag, it has handles in the middle and at either end.
All three heavy-duty exterior zippers are lockable, although TSA locks are not included; you will have to buy your own. The bag also has a molded luggage tag and business card window. And when not in use, you can collapse it for easy storage.
CaddyDaddy stands behind this product with a full, 100 per cent, 1 year warranty. If the bag is damaged within one year of original ownership, the manufacturer will replace the bag at no cost. They also have a full customer service team for any questions or concerns.
- GOLF BAG DESIGNED FOR TRAVELING: CaddyDaddy’s Constrictor Golf Bag Cover is designed specifically for protecting your golf clubs and equipment while traveling - air or auto. It offers excellent value for money and is a must-have travel bag for all golfers.
- HEAVILY PADDED: The golf travel cover bag features 1800D fabric construction (3x the thickness of 600D fabric) with heavy padding at the top to protect club heads. Cinch straps are provided externally and internally to keep the bags intact and firm during travel and transportation.
- PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT: The bag also has riveted handles - nylon padded and rubber - for easy carry and transport. It also comes with lockable zippers and large, oversized pockets to store additional golf gear and equipment like tees, shirts, shoes, balls, etc.
- EQUIPPED WITH INLINE SKATE WHEELS: Whether you are a pro on tour or are big on golf travel, this padded golf cover bag is your perfect travel companion. It measures 51 x 13 x 15 inches and weighs just under 9 pounds.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY: CaddyDaddy is proud to offer a 1-year full replacement warranty. We have been in the business of providing premium, durable, and trusted golf accessories for over 20 years.
- 1-year full bag warranty against airline caused damage
- Has lockable zippers
- Collapsible for storage
- Manufacturer supplies customer support
- Lots of room for extras
- Has wheels
- Must purchase TSA locks separately for airline travel
CaddyDaddy Travel Bag Cover CDX-10
Traveling can be tough on gear, and travel bags are no different. This travel bag cover is made of extra thick heavy-duty nylon. At 13 x 50 x 15 inches, you can easily fit all bags up to 10” cart bags. With 2 compression straps inside, you can tighten your load so it stays securely in place during travel. The top of the bag has 1.5 inches of heavy padding to provide extra protection for the heads of your clubs.
Once you have your golf bag secure on the inside, you will find a large zipper that closes the bag. In addition, the bag has 2 external storage pockets with zippers. All three zippers are heavy duty and lockable, although you must purchase your TSA locks separately if traveling by air. Once everything is zipped up, you can tighten the cinch straps on the outside. There are also handles in the center, and at either end should you find the need to carry your bag.
The two external pockets are roomy enough that you can pack all the extras you’ll need for the game. And don’t worry about the extra weight they’ll add, because most of the time you’ll be rolling along with this bag with its inline skate wheels; they roll easily so you’ll never notice the mere 8.5 pounds this bag adds to your gear.
If the airlines should cause any damage to your bag, CaddyDaddy stands behind their product with a 1-year full bag replacement warranty. If the bag should become damaged within the first year of original ownership, they will replace the bag with a new one at no cost.
- AFFORDABLE GOLF BAG FOR TRAVELING: CaddyDaddy’s CDX-10 Golf Bag Cover is designed specifically for protecting your golf clubs and equipment while traveling - air or auto. It is a must-have travel bag for those who are just starting out and are looking for a durable, sturdy, and not so expensive golf travel bag!
- FOAM PADDED TOP: The golf travel cover bag features 600D all-weather fabric construction, ideal for storing lesser expensive equipment and clubs. Padding is provided at the top to protect club heads. Cinch straps are provided externally and internally to keep the bags from moving during travel and transportation.
- HANDY, EASY TO CARRY The bag also has riveted handles - nylon padded and rubber - for easy carry and transport. It also comes with lockable zippers and large, oversized pockets to store additional golf gear and equipment like tees, shirts, shoes, balls, etc.
- EQUIPPED WITH INLINE SKATE WHEELS: Whether you are a pro on tour or are big on golf travel, this padded golf cover bag is your perfect travel companion. It measures 50 x 13 x 15 inches and weighs just under 8.5 pounds.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY: CaddyDaddy is proud to offer a 1-year full replacement warranty on the CDX-10 Golf Travel Cover Bag. We have been in the business of providing premium, durable, and trusted golf accessories for over 20 years.
- 1-year full bag warranty against airline caused damage
- Has lockable zippers
- Has wheels
- Must purchase a TSA lock separately
AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Golf Travel Bag
At 7.5 pounds, this bag comes in at a little lighter weight than some of the other travel bags out there. Made of waterproof black canvas with reinforced stress points, this bag should take you anywhere you want to go.
Measuring 50 x 13 x 15 inches, this one too will comfortably accommodate all 10” cart bags plus a few extras like jackets and shoes. It has extra padding at the top to protect the heads of your valuable clubs, and compression straps on the inside to keep your load secure.
Zip it up and secure the strap and you’ll find more storage space. There are two external storage pockets at the bottom and a smaller one at the top. They allow for plenty of room to bring along extra tees, balls, and other gear you may need.
You’ll travel easily as you glide along with the inline skate-style wheels. They roll smoothly so you can keep moving forward with ease toward your destination.
When not wheeling along, the manufacturer says this bag will stand up on its own with a bag of clubs inside, but there may be some problems with that. Still, you will find it easy enough to throw it into the trunk of your car and take it to the hotel or golf course.
However, it will lay flat when you want it to. If you must carry it, there are riveted handles at the top, bottom, and center. The outside also features an ID slot with a transparent window to display your contact information.
- Soft-sided golf travel bag for conveniently transporting a set of golf clubs (not included)
- Made of durable nylon fabric; reinforced stress points; stands up on its own when holding a set of clubs
- Smooth-rolling, inline-skate-style wheels; heavy-duty curb rails; well-placed, riveted handles
- Compression straps keep clubs secure; heavily padded top section protects club heads
- Multiple zippered compartments for storing extra gear; measures 50 by 13 by 15 inches
- Less expensive than other bags
- Has lots of room for extra items
- Lighter weight than some other bags
- Collapsible for storage
- Has wheels
- May have difficulty standing up on its own
- May not be as durable as comparable bags
IZZO Golf Padded Travel Cover
If you want a bag without all the frills, check out this soft case travel cover by IZZO Golf. Simplicity itself, it is a well-padded bag you place your golf bag into, zip up, and carry wherever you want to go.
The bag has no wheels but it does have a padded carry strap to make it more comfortable to carry it over your shoulder. And the bag has a vinyl base for extra durability. You will find no external pockets on this one for extra storage. And there are no cinch straps to better secure your load.
The bag expands to a full 51 x 4 x 12 inches, so you should be able to carry any 10” cart bag of clubs. When not in use, the bag collapses to 14 x 12 x 7.5 inches. At about 3 pounds, this one is extremely lightweight. It does, have a transparent window on the outside to hold a business card for ID purposes.
Since it only adds about 3 pounds to your load, most people can transport their clubs over short distances. For example, it is easy enough to carry from the house to the car or from the car to the clubhouse. Such short distances make this bag ideal. However, for longer stints through airports, you may wish you had wheels, or at the very least a travel caddy luggage cart to take along.
- Golf Carry Bag: Our padded soft golf carry bag protects your golf clubs while in transit
- Expandable: Our golf travel bag expands to 51'' x 14'' x 12'' and collapses to 14" x 12'' x 7.5'' for efficient transportation and storage
- Lightweight: At only 2 lbs, our golf impact bag is designed to say under the flying checked bag weight limit
- Durable: Our travel golf bag is equipped with a durable vinyl base for added protection
- Comfortable: A padded golf bag carry strap makes our golf club bag comfortable to carry
- Very inexpensive
- Very lightweight
- Simple and easy to use
- Has no wheels
- No external storage pockets
- Must purchase TSA locks for airline travel
SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case
This high-end hard-sided travel case is made of ultra-high molecular weight hard polyethylene. This is same material the U.S. military requires for their cases and containers so you know it’s durable. The interior is contoured to accommodate cart bags, carry bags, and drivers up to 48 inches. The internal dimensions are 49 x 16 inches and can house most golf bags.
This super heavy-duty case weighs in at about 18 pounds, but it has easy rolling inline wheels to keep you moving along. The case prevents dirt, dust and moisture from getting to your valuable gear and comes with a million-mile guarantee.
Besides being as tough as any military case, it has a TSA-accepted and recognized locking latch system. This system is designed so that the top and bottom of your case latch securely enough to prevent dirt, dust and moisture from getting to your valuable gear. Three TSA approved locks come with the case to keep your gear safe and secure, but it only takes one key to open all of them.
SKB stands behind this product with a million-mile guaranty, a lifetime warranty, and includes SKB’s $1,500 club coverage. This bag is far more expensive than some of the others reviewed here, but if you have very expensive equipment, it may be well worth it to spend the extra bucks.
- Keep your golf club safe when travelling with a case that is contoured to fit cart bags, carry bags, and drivers up to 48 inches
- Molded from ultra high, molecular weight polyethylene and manufactured to meet or exceed ATA 300 Category I
- Comes with TSA Locking System for ease of airline travel and SKB's exclusive Perfect Match valance bending system, providing tight, secure fits to prevent dirt, dust, and moisture from getting inside the case
- New, patent pending industrial strength latches for superior valence closure and overall latch security
- Material: Polyethylene
- Hard case
- Made in the USA
- Industrial strength latches
- Offers more protection than soft-sided cases
- Lifetime warranty
- Locks and keys included with case
- Very expensive
- Very heavy
The travel bag you choose eventually comes down to how often you travel with your clubs, your physical capabilities, the value of your gear, and your budget. If you travel infrequently and have inexpensive or moderately priced gear, you may opt for the less expensive bags that will protect your gear. Realistically, you don’t want to spend more for the bag than your clubs.
If you are physically able to carry heavier loads, the least expensive bag by IZZO, might work for you. It’s a good bag but has no wheels so you need to carry it. A simple bag, it will protect your clubs, but for transporting clubs further distances, as through airports, you may want to purchase a travel caddy luggage cart to help you out. But by the time you make this extra purchase, you may want to just buy a bag with integrated wheels.
The other soft-sided bags are quality bags as well and should do a good job of protecting your golfing investment well enough, particularly if you have inexpensive gear. After all, you don’t want to spend more on the bag than you did on your clubs. While they are made of durable materials, they are still fabric and can tear, and rip, and otherwise come to harm.
However, if you have spent thousands on your clubs as many golfers do, you should probably opt for the hard case. Strong, durable and military grade, you should probably take a closer look at the SKB 2SKB-4814W Deluxe ATA Golf Travel Case. While more expensive than most, it truly offers the best protection. In addition, it comes with a lifetime guarantee from the manufacturer, so that should set your mind at ease as well.