Best Golf Rangefinder Under $100. Top 5 picks reviewed
While not everyone needs a rangefinder, you probably should consider one, especially if you are trying to lower your handicap. They’re a great tool in the bag to have and to help you dial in your distances for all your clubs. No more guess work about which club to take. The best thing about rangefinders is that you don’t have to pay much to own one. If you’re on a budget, price is going to be an important factor when considering your purchase. Fortunately you can get some very good golf rangefinders for under $100, and they can significantly improve your game, once you get the hang of using one.
Regardless of whether you are starting out as a once a month player or you are an ardent golfer, a rangefinder is a great tool to help you nail any shot that you make.
If your looking for some help with choosing a cheap rangefinder, here we will take you through some of the best golf rangefinders under $100, highlighting their features and pros and cons.
Top 6 Golf Rangefinder Reviews – Under $100
1. Boblov Golf Rangefinder ***Our Top Pick***
2. Suaoki Golf Laser Rangefinder
3. Gogogo Sports Laser Rangefinder
4. SereneLife Premium Slope Golf Rangefinder
5. Tomshoo Golf Rangefinder
Best Golf Rangefinder Under $100 Review
BOBLOV Golf Rangefinder
The Bobolov golf rangefinder packs a lot into a budget rangefinder. It comes with Pinsensor technology, vibration mode for when the flag is locked on, although you don’t have to have this on and there is a useful toggle to switch it on or off. You can also change the units of measurements between meteres and yards depending on your personal preference. The Bobolov can also be used in three different modes of rangefinding, flag lock and speed. You might not really see the use of the speed mode on the golf course but if you’re into motosports, horse racing or just interesting in measuring how fast something is traveling you can use the speed mode for this.
The Bobolov has an inbuilt rechargeable battery that can be charged via a USB cable. It has a range of up to 650 meters with a yard accuracy of +/-1, with a x 6 magnification. It weighs 5.9oz and It neatly fits on your golf bag.
- 【Pin acquisition with 1s Fast Flag Locking】Provides 1s fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pinsensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, locking range up to 200 yards, perfect for measuring golf flags,you can easily Switch units between meters and yards.
- 【Customized Switch Button to control Vibration on/off or Slope on/off】LF600 Golf distance finder customized a switch button to control Virabtion features in LF600G version(without slope)，control Slope On/Off features in LF600AG version(with Slope).You can turn it on/off easily as your need.
- 【Adequate clarity and dependable accuracy】 As a rangefinder, the distance accuracy is pretty vital, We have customer who compares the LF600 and their golf GPS device on the golf cours, The slope distance is about 1-3 yards off within 200Yds, and is more than adequate for 99% of the ranges.
- 【The golf scope enquiped with three modes】Ranging mode,Flag locking mode and Speed mode. Support speed measurement, short press the power button after targeting the moving object, the speed data will be displayed on the screen. A good tool for your for vehicle watching.
- 【Premium golf/hunting mate and Battery USB Charging】Magnification x objective is 6x 22mm; range measure accuracy is ±1yard,speed measure accuracy ±5km/h.Perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk. Built-in rechargeable battery for device,No worry to change battery of device and Economic-friendly
- Easy to use, simple two-button operation
- Clear optics with 6X magnification
- Precise measurements under 200 yards
- Comes with carrying case
- Great value for money
- Non-removable built-in battery
- Difficult to measure over long distances
- Difficult to hold steady on long distances
Suaoki Golf Laser Rangefinder
Getting accurate measurements and viewing them when playing is the most crucial thing for a golfer. The Suaoki rangefinder gives you all the information that you want. It has a long yardage of 600 meters or 656 yards that gives you the distance to far objects without having to move. It has an incredible 6x magnification for maximum accuracy which ensures that you get an accuracy of +/-1 yard. You can be guaranteed that you will always get the right measurements easily. It fits snugly in your hand and has a useful adjustable eyepeice in case you’re long or short sighted. The model has adaptable modes so that you can choose from golf distance correction, flag pole lock mode, and fog mode.
The Suaoki rangefinder also features an inbuilt user-defined function that lets you hide the measurement modes that you won’t be needing, allowing a fast use of the rangefinder. Another feature that you will love about this rangefinder is that it is easily portable. The Suaoki rangefinder has an easy to read LCD display that weighs one third of a pound and is accompanied by a convenient belt-mountable bag. This allows maximum portability and mobility whenever in use.
There is no rangefinder more solid and portable than Suaoki’s rangefinder. The rangefinder has a small size, carrying case, is rainproof, and has two buttons for single-hand operation. The Suaoki offers you one of the most solid rangefinders with utmost accurate measurement, and you will never get slowed down when using it. The only issue with this product is that you have to hold it very steady to get maximum accuracy.
- LCD display
- Rain proof
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Highly accurate
- Need to hold it very steady to get maximum accuracy
Gogogo Sports Laser Golf Rangefinder
This Gogogo Laser Rangefinder is perfect for golf and measuring distances.
The laser rangefinder is a high-tech professional device that can rapidly and accurately measure the range of a target. It boasts a 5-650 yard measuring range and 0.5-1 second measuring time for those who need an accurate distance speedily. It has a toggle between yards and meter settings depending on your personal preference. Once locked on the flag it will vibrate to tell you it’s locked on.
The laser rangefinder offers high precision measurements thanks to its 6X magnification. It has an ergonomic rubberized soft feel design optimized for the most exceptional comfort and ease of use. The reach of the control buttons helps to hold the device and adjust the angle quickly. It has a handy low battery indicator so you know when the batteries need changing. Add to this a slope feature for less than $100 it certainly looks good value for money.
- The most cost-effective rangefinder you can find on the market to provide you everything you need for golfing, hunting, bowhunting and other professional application with reliable product quality and after sales service. Both models have slope function. The physical slope switch is for tournament legal.
- Provide high-precision distance measurement. Integrates latest functions such as continuous range readings, ARC (angle range compensation), Pin-Seeking and Flagpole-Locking Vibration (Vibrate when the flagpole is locked) and Speed Measuring
- Measuring range from 5 to 650 yards, with +/- 1m high accuracy and 6x magnification. The flagpole locking function support a distance up to 150 yards (Flagpole only) and 250 yards (Aim the flag when it's unfolded). Our rangfinder can meet most user’s needs
- Fully multicoated optic lens effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter clear image. The diopter is adjustable for precise focus on display
- We are confident with our product and will provide a 1-year warranty. If you meet any quality issue with our product, we’ll directly send a new one or a full refund is optional.
- Precise measurements
- Slope feature
- Price point
- Difficult to measure long distances
- AAA Batteries can need changing often
- Changing the focus affects the display in the eye scope.
SereneLife Upgraded Advanced Golf Rangefinder
The upgraded advanced rangefinder from SereneLife is an up-to-date rangefinder with the features that you need to achieve consistent and useful data when on a budget. It has both slope technologies and a pin seeker that makes sure that you receive a fantastic golfing experience. The pin seeker locks on to your target flag and figures out the distance to it.
The one-button operation ensures its ease of use, and it has a remarkable measuring range of up to 546.2 yards. This rangefinder is compact and lightweight and has a CR2 3V lithium battery.
This is the best rangefinder that any golfer can wish to have. With the one-button operation, the feature makes things easier. It is an accurate rangefinder and has all the basic rangefinder features. The only drawbacks are that it doesn’t keep a charge for long and it is not waterproof.
- ACCURATE RANGEFINDER; Our Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with 1-yard accuracy and Pin sensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body.
- SMART PIN SEEKER MODE: Beside the standard distance measuring detection mode, this smart rangefinder features a "pin seeker" setting - technology that locks on to your target flag and "figures out" the distance to it, it's a real lifesaver!
- EASY ONE BUTTON OPERATION: This rangefinder is designed to be very simple to use, so you can focus on your game. All you have to do is aim and press a button, and it will show you the distance to your target on its digital interface display readout!
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE; With a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk.
- FULL PACKAGE: This a handheld, lightweight, portable tool that any golfer should carry around. That's why, along with your rangefinder, you'll receive a durable, zipper secured carrying case - so you can take it anywhere with you
- No subscriptions or hidden charges
- Maintains accuracy of +/- 1 yard regardless of the distance
- Easy to use
- Comfortable and easy to hold for lengthy periods
- Low battery life
- Not waterproof
Tomshoo Golf Rangefinder
The Tomshoo golf rangefinder is a function-enhanced model for golf sports with a display of the distance and speed, angle, or height of the target. It has a 7X magnification and a fast focus system to see shots. The multi-coated optics guarantees superior light transmission and clear image.
The Tomshoo has an inbuilt rechargeable 750 mAh Li-ion battery, fully charged for 30,000 times measurement. The new version of the Tomshoo laser rangefinder has a range of up to 600 meters or 1000 meters to the target with a yard accuracy of +/-1. It has a fast focus system, which makes target measurement easier. The Tomshoo is waterproof and portable. It weighs 6.3oz with a IP54 water resistant body. It perfectly fits in your pocket.
- The golf range finder is a function-enhanced model for golf sports, with display of the distance / speed, angle, height of the target
- Provide detailed accuracy to 1m in distance and 1° in angle; can easily toggle units between meters and yards
- 7X magnification and a fast focus system to see shot clearly, multi-coated optics guarantees superior light transmission and clear image
- Built-in rechargeable 750 mAh Li-ion battery, fully charged for 30000 times measurement
- Complete laser rangefinder package,including premium storage pouch, charging cable, strap, user manual
- Crystal clear optic lens for easy reading
- Superior resolution
- Precise measurements
- Simple two-button operation
- Doesn’t come with the battery
What to consider before buying a rangefinder
Range and Accuracy
Accuracy is important especially when you are trying to dial your club distances in and when it come to determining the distance from the pin. Having a rangefinder that has a fraction of a yard error is acceptable but not several yards. Ask yourself these questions. What is the maximum range of the unit and is it suitable for where you’re going to be playing?. Remember that the further the range capability the less accurate a rangefinder becomes and to take into account that how steady you can hold the rangefinder will determine it’s accuracy especially on long distances.
Is the battery life long enough to get you round your local course? Is the battery replaceable? Does the rangefinder come with a spare battery? If not what’s the cost of buying one. Is it worth getting a spare battery as a back up just in case you need one whilst on the course.
Having a rangefinder that is cheap and has loads of features is not always the best option. More options can sometimes mean it’s more complex to operate or more things that can malfunction. So is it easy to use? Does it need to be waterproof? Does it have a slope or alternate targeting features? Do you need a slope feature? If your planning on using this in a competition remember that slope features are not allowed in competitions as stated by the USGA.
A golf rangefinder is one of the best instruments that any golfer can own. It helps you in a variety of ways such as speeding up the play, compensates for slopes or elevation, boosts the player’s confidence, and gathers data. Additionally, while there are so many ways in which amateur golfers, as well as pros, can improve their game, the use of a golf laser rangefinder is perhaps the most useful one. These devices may not give you tips on how to improve your swing or anything close to it, but the information that you get from them will help you a lot.
When choosing the best golf rangefinder, there are factors to be considered. Look at its features, maximum distance range, size and weight, approval by the USGA, and ease of use.
Based on this information, we can conclude that the best golf rangefinder under $100 to buy is the Boblov golf rangefinder. This rangefinder is rich with features and is multifunctional and allows scanning, flag mast lock, rechargeable battery. It is easy to use and handle and is highly durable. It also has amazing yardage of 650. Considering its price and the many features it has, its usefulness is second to none. If your prepared to spend a little more Boblov have a model with slope feature, check it out here.
If, however, you are on a budget, you can opt for the Gogogo sports golf laser rangefinder. This Gogogo is inexpensive, measures up to 650 meters with a 1-yard accuracy. It is also has a slope feature that the standard Bobolov doesn’t have, it is lightweight, rainproof, and has a durable body. Given its price point, the Gogogo golf laser rangefinder packs a lot of features for under $100.