Best Golf GPS Watch Under $200
Golf GPS watches are great innovative tools. The benefits that come with these devices cannot be ignored. A Golf GPS offers you with more vital information that could make or break your round, unlike the rangefinders that only offer you with the distance to the flag or a hazard. If having a GPS watch on your next round is what you’re looking, the good news is you can get some very good golf GPS watches for under $200. Here we will take you through some of the best golf GPS watches under $200.
The best golf GPS watches will offer you hazard information, overhead maps, post-round analysis, and shot trackers. Hazard information is quite useful on courses you have never played. This article will look at some of the best Golf GPS Watches including their pros and cons and how each of them is useful in measuring your distances.
Best Golf GPS Watch Reviews
Bushnell Neo Ion Golf GPS Watch
The Bushnell Neo Ion GPS watch takes a few minutes to set up. This watch easily picks up yardages from the front, back and middle of the green. The Bushnell Neo Ion has a long battery life that lasts for three rounds unlike many of the best golf watches that last only one to two rounds. This is a great plus of the Bushnell Neo Ion as it can get annoying when you have to constantly charge the GPS watches especially if you are an ardent golfer.
- Excellent battery life
- Quick charge time
- Includes a round odometer
- No membership or download fees
- Short distance calculator
- Over 35,000 preloaded golf courses
- 4 hazards or layup distances per hole
- Integrated step counter
- Legal for tournament play
- Auto course recognition
- No swing analysis software or smartphone app pairing
- Dated black and white look
- Preloaded with 35,000+ courses in over 30 countries
- Long battery life and comfortable dual injected silicone sports band
- Auto course recognition and auto hole advance with easy-to-read front, back and center distances
- Up to 4 hazard or layup distances per hole and a distance calculator and integrated step counter
- Legal for Tournament play and comes with a One-year limited Warranty
There are few things that are appealing about the Bushnell Neo Ion. One is the time function. You can enter your tee time and date, and before you are due, the watch will notify you. This gives you the chance to finish up your work or do some light stretching or practice swings before the actual game. There are, however, some areas that need to improve. The black and white style of the watch looks dated.
Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch
This watch was designed before the Garmin Approach X40. However, it is still seen as among the newest golf watches available today. The S20 provides yardage to all portions of the green just like the other new model’s golf watches. The main feature that makes the S20 stand out is its super long battery life.
The Garmin Approach golf watch gives you the yardage to all layup positions on the course, including the doglegs, bunkers, lakes and other hazards. The watch also comes preinstalled with around 40,000 different golf courses. The S20 doesn’t require any subscriptions or fees. It also features free course updates. It has a green view display that provides shape and contours of the green on every golf hole. The S20 also allows for activity tracking.
- Excellent battery
- No membership or subscription requirement
- Heart rate monitor
- TruSwing technology
- Precise pin locations
- Digital scorecard feature
- Bluetooth connectivity
- No touchscreen
- Must buy other Garmin accessories to take advantage of the Truswing feature
- Autoshot round analyzer measures shot distances with auto recording for post round analysis on your Garmin Connect account
- Stylish comfort: Fully hinged, sleek watchband design with comfortable fit. Display resolution: 128 x 128 pixels. Smartphone compatibility - iPhone, Android
- Truswing compatible: When paired, Garmin TruSwing golf swing sensor provides metrics to improve your swing consistency. Display size: 0.9 x 0.9 (inches)
- Activity tracking: Reminds you to stay active on or off the course with move bar alerts. Displays steps, calories burned, distance and time of day, plus it monitors hours of sleep
- Stat tracking: Enhanced stats keeps track of fairways hit, greens in regulation and putts per round. Strap material: Silicone
The Garmin S20 golf watch is the best option for a golfer looking for a GPS that can last multiple rounds. The S20 is accurate, and has solid features and is easily compatible with Garmin’s bets golf technology.
Callaway Golf-Allsport GPS Watch
The Callaway Golf-sport GPS watch is the first multi-sport watch by Callaway and is specially designed for golfers. With more people in the world today focused on fitness, the Callaway has included favorite fitness tracking characteristics into a regular golfing GPS watch. Some of these features include the calorie tracker, step counter, multi-sport training abilities for various sports including cycling, running, and swimming.
The Allsport GPS watch can be synced through Bluetooth to the free Callaway smartphone app, to text, receive calls, and read email notifications directly to the wrist. The Allsport also has a scorecard that tracks the total shots, putts-per-round, and GIR. It is capable of measuring shot distance. The Callaway Allsport GPS watch has a battery life of eight to twelve hours while in the GPS mode and has an easy-charge magnetic charger.
- Easy-charge magnetic charge
- Time and date automatically set by satellite
- Solid battery life
- Hazard yardage
- Preloaded with over 35,000 golf courses worldwide
- Shot distance measurement
- An accurate layup and carry distances to hazards and doglegs
- Auto-hole advancement
- Syncs with the smartphone app
- No membership or subscriptions
- Doesn’t have a touchscreen
- Fewer golf courses than Garmin watches
- No connectivity for online comparison
- Limited functionality
- Combo golf GPS, Multisport training & fitness; Syncs with free Smartphone app for stat tracking, Goal attainment & email/text/call notifications
- Preloaded with 35, 000+ global course maps; distances to F/C/B of green and layup/carry to hazards & doglegs
- Auto course-recognition & hole-advancement; shot distance measurement
- Fitness training - distance, time, speed, pace for running, cycling, swimming, triathlon
- Steps & calories burned; set training/fitness goals & alerts; save history
The Callaway GPS Golf watch is an excellent watch for golf players seeking a sleek, lightweight and simple golf watch. It does not have all the tech aspects but gives you exactly what you need to enhance your scores. It provides you with a digital scorekeeper, accurate yardages and a good battery life.
TomTom Golfer GPS Watch
The TomTom Golfer is one of the stylish golf GPS watches out there. It has a slim and light design allowing you to wear it easily of the course without looking like you have a slab of plastic strapped to your wrists. It is preloaded with over 34,000 international courses with daily updates through the smartphone.
The TomTom features round tracking that allows you to track your scores, distance, and the time or your round. It has an extra-large display that enables the user to see key information about distances and course layout at a glance. It also features Bluetooth smart connectivity and has a battery life of up to 10 hours in GPS mode.
- Smooth setup process
- Intuitive user interface
- Strong course coverage
- No shot measuring
- Unhelpful hazard presentation
- No statistics tracking despite the presence of the scorecard
- Hit the perfect approach shot
- Play with the latest course data
- Light and slim design
- See remaining distance to lay points
- Keep track of the score, distance and time of your round
The TomTom golfer GPS watch offers you with the easiest way to improve the precision of yardage to hazards, greens, and lay-ups. You get to know the best way to the green with multiple graphics. You can receive daily course updates wirelessly from your smartphone. For any golfer seeking a slim, lightweight and high-profile golfing updates, the TomTom golfer GPS is the right choice.
Garmin Approach X40 GPS Golf Band
The Garmin Approach X40 is originally a fitness tracker Fitbit style watch with golf GPS capabilities. It is probably the best GPS watch available for both golf and other physical activities. The X40 has a round analyzer that measures shot distances with auto-recording for post-round analysis on the Garmin Connect account. It has a good battery life that is capable of handling two to three rounds of golf on a single charge.
The Garmin Approach X40 has smart notifications for incoming calls, texts, and other alerts. The X40 has a wrist-based heart rate technology that measures the heart rate at the wrist 24/7. This gives you the freedom to exercise with no additional heart rates strap.
- Excellent battery Life
- Auto shot detection
- Nice compact design similar to a FitBit
- Garmin Connect analysis
- Offers day-to-day fitness tracking
- Distances to hazards can seem confusing
- No color screen
- Sometimes picks up practice swings as shots
- GPS receiver - high-sensitivity GPS acquires satellites quickly to Show distance to greens, Hazards and doglegs -even under Tree cover
- Auto shot - round analyzer measures shot distances with auto-recording for post-round analysis on your Garmin connect account
- 24/7 Heart rate monitoring - Elevate wrist Heart rate technology allows you to track your Heart rate all day and night - Activity Tracking Accuracy (go to garmin.com/at accuracy)
- Battery life - rechargeable battery: up to 5 days in activity mode; up to 10 hours in GPS mode
- Activity Tracking - reminds you to stay active on or off the course with move bar alerts. Connectivity : Bluetooth Smart, ANT+
The Garmin Approach X40 is ideal for anyone who is looking for a solid golf GPS watch with other fitness tracking capabilities rather than golf. The Garmin Approach X40 is good for on and off the golf course.
Golf GPS watches are an essential item for any golfer who wishes to revamp their golfing experience. There are different models of golf GPS watches with different features. It is important therefore that you find a GPS Watch that meets your needs and requirements.
The Garmin Approach S20 is the best GPS watch of 2018. It has over 40,000 golf courses with a free update and no membership subscriptions and fees. Also, the S20 has an auto-shot round analyzer measure and auto-records shot distances. The Approach S20 also features Truswing technology.