Best Golf Ball for Mid Handicapper
Even though there is no official definition of handicap levels, a mid handicapper is considered one whose handicap score is between 11 and 20. If you’re a mid handicap golfer, you will probably need to tweak the equipment you use such as investing in a rangefinder or simply changing the ball you use, and of course, practice hard to get into single digits. When you get to the level of a mid handicapper you have the skill level to hit the ball well enough to want to consider the type of ball you use. As you improve your game most golfers want to move to a ball that has more feel and control. Hence most golfers move to a soft feel ball. A soft feel ball will definitely give you more control around the green especially if you have been able to master the skill of spin.
When shopping for the best golf ball for mid handicapper, you will literally be spoilt for choice given the myriad options available, but we’ve rounded off on 7 great options that will help you reach the next level. Here are my top 7 golf balls for a mid handicapper. Keep reading for an in-depth look at each ball.
- Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls
- Callaway 2017 Supersoft Golf Balls
- Titleist Velocity Prior Generation Golf Balls
- Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls
- Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Balls
- Bridgestone 2017 E6 Soft Golf Balls
- Srixon Men’s Soft Feel Golf Ball
Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls
The Callaway Chrome Soft ball set comes with a dozen balls, each backed by Callaway’s exclusive Dual SoftFast Core technology. This high level of innovative engineering is designed for both novice and seasoned players with low spin looking to improve their ball speed.
Each ball features a 4-layer construction – Dual SoftFast Core layer to reduce spin off the tee, ability to approach shots with a soft feel and compress the ball on iron shots for longer periods thanks low compression.
The Dual SoftFast Core of the Callaway Chrome Soft golf ball is infused with graphene and features a new and larger inner-core, which maximizes compression energy while reducing driver spin and encouraging a higher launch for longer distances.
If you haven’t heard of graphene, it is an incredibly strong material that is often touted as being 200 times stronger than steel. The mantle layer of the Callaway Chrome golf ball retains energy from the core layer, and provides better control and spin with scoring clubs.
The ball features a tour urethane cover, which is the softest and most durable in Callaway’s lineup, and grips the clubface for top notch control around the green. And to top things off, the HEX aerodynamics optimize lift and lower drag rates to help increase distance.
Available in a choice of five color combinations including white, yellow and yellow/black, the Callaway Chrome Soft ball set can help you deliver your best performance on the course, and greatly lower your handicap by a few strokes.
- Fast Ball Speed Off The Driver Callaway is the only golf ball company that has the new Dual Soft Fast Core. It's engineered for fast ball speeds with low spin for players needing spin reduction to optimize their launch conditions off the tee
- More Spin and Control The 4 piece construction, mantle layer and Tour Urethane Cover all combine for even more control throughout the bag. You will also find extreme spin with your scoring clubs from inside 100 yards
- Low Compression For Incredibly Soft Feel The Dual Soft Fast Core lets you compress the ball on iron shots for long, straight flight. And it has amazing feel around the greens
- 12 balls in set
- 4-layer construction includes mantle layer and HEX aerodynamics
- Low compression for a soft feel
- Dual SoftFast Core technology for faster speeds
- Limited number of color combinations available
Callaway 2017 Supersoft Golf Balls
The Callaway 2017 Supersoft Golf Balls just like the name would suggest are the softest feeling balls in the company’s lineup. The soft feel results from a low compression core that spins less off the tee, which in return reduces sidespin and allows them to fly straight.
Available in a choice of four exciting colors – pink, multi, white and yellow, the Supersoft golf ball features a new and improved core for faster ball speed, and low spin to travel longer distances on full shots.
Adding to this, the 2017 Supersoft balls boast unmatched HEX aerodynamic dimple pattern complete with refined surface contours, which collectively enhances lift and reduces drag for better carry across longer distances.
The balls feature a tri-ionomer cover, which enhances softness for a better feel, and a better hot-stopping wedge spin. The Callaway 2017 Supersoft ball is geared towards players with lower clubhead speeds, and performs well both on intermediate shots and off the tee.
- Improved core designed to promote faster ball speed and low spin for longer, straighter flight on full shots
- New premium Hex aerodynamics with more refined surface contours reduces drag and enhances lift for increased carry and longer distance
- New tri-ionomer cover formulation increases softness for better feel and more shot-stopping wedge spin
- The Package Weight Of The Product Is 9.1 Pounds
- Softest balls in Callaway’s lineup
- Available in a choice of 4 colors including pink and yellow
- Promotes faster ball speed
- HEX aerodynamic pattern
- Tri-ionomer cover for softness
- Set comes with a dozen balls
- Quality of cover could be improved
Titleist Velocity Prior Generation Golf Balls
The Titleist Velocity golf ball is in a league of its own for several reasons starting with a larger LSX core that increases ball speed and consequently allows it to travel across longer distances. Further, it features an improved NaZ+ cover, which enhances durability and creates a high launch on approach shots with a steep angle of decent for optimal stopping power on the green.
The spherically-tiled 328 tetrahedral of the Titleist Velocity golf ball is designed to deliver better trajectory and a peak that is further down range resulting in longer carry distances for most players. Available in two different styles – standard numbers and double-digit numbers, the Titleist Velocity golf ball set comes with 12 golf balls, and is great choice for anyone looking for a high quality ball that really goes the distance.
- Explosive initial Velocity for powerful distance
- Low long game spin
- Soaring flight for remarkable carry and roll
- Precise, consistent ball flight
- Playable short game feel
- Accurate and consistent ball flight
- Dimple design to maximize carry distance
- Bigger core for faster ball speed
- Thinner NaZ2 cover for long service life and better stopping power
- Set includes 12 golf balls
- Set includes just white balls and no other color variations
Titleist Tour Soft Golf Balls
The Titleist Tour Soft golf ball is the company’s replacement for the NXT Tour S and NXT Tour range of golf balls. This new lineup of golf balls is designed for golfers looking for a soft feel and spin, and longer carry distances.
One of the noteworthy features of the Titleist Tour Soft golf ball is that it boasts the largest core in the company lineup, which results in a responsive feel, and superior speed for great distance.
Compared to its predecessors – NXT Tour and NXT Tour S, the Titleist Tour Soft golf ball steps it up a few notches when it comes to the exterior cover with a spherically-tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design on an ultra-thin 4CE grafted cover made with proprietary Titleist technology compared to a 302-dimple pattern on a urethane cover.
This advanced dimple pattern allows the ball deliver unmatched ball flight and consistent trajectories. Available in a choice of two colors – white and yellow, the Titleist Tour Soft golf ball set comes with a dozen balls, and is an excellent choice for golfers looking for a soft feel., commanding distance, advanced short game control and class leading durability and performance.
- Category leading soft feel
- Commanding distance
- Advanced short game control
- Penetrating trajectory and consistent flight
- 2 piece ball construction topped by an ultra-thin 4CE grafted cover
- Spherically-tiled 342 cuboctahedron dimple design
- Largest core in the company lineup
- Set of 12 balls
- Available in two color variants
- Only a two layer golf ball
Titleist DT TruSoft Golf Balls
The best golf for mid handicapper should be one that you hit hard yet feels soft, which is the case with the Titleist’s DT TruSoft golf ball. Available in a choice of white and yellow colors, the DT TruSoft golf ball features a larger low compression TruTouch Core that delivers a low spin for longer distance, and a soft feel on each and every shot.
The ball features a TruFlex Cover that is backed by class leading Titleist technology for a soft feel on the course and enhanced short game spin for superb performance. In terms of construction, the Titleist’s DT TruSoft golf ball doesn’t disappoint with advanced aerodynamics that adheres to stringent quality standards to consistent flight.
The Titleist DT TruSoft golf ball set includes a dozen balls, and offers little or room for disappointment given its soft feel, penetrating flights and consistency, and ability to handle the lower greenside spin.
- The softest compression Titleist
- New longer distance through low long game spin
- New improved short game performance for stopping power
- Trusted quality and consistency
- Softest compression ball in the Titleist lineup
- Quality and consistency you can bank on
- Available in two colors – white and yellow
- TruTouch Core delivers low spin across longer distances
- All new TruFlex Cover for soft feel and improved performance
- May not be as long off the tee
Bridgestone 2017 E6 Soft Golf Balls
The Bridgestone 2017 E6 Soft Golf Balls can be ordered in a choice of white and yellow color for better visibility on the fairway, each designed to render an amazing soft feel and distance. Further, the Bridgestone E6 Soft golf ball features an industry leading mantle and cover, which work collectively to provide excellent approach and green-side performance.
The construction of the Bridgestone 2017 E6 Soft Golf ball includes a Delta dimple design for smooth air resistance and longer travel distance. Additionally, this design also prevents pop-ups for straighter shots, so if you find yourself hitting pop-ups off the tee, this Bridgestone 2017 E6 Soft Golf Ball should put you in a better position to score both on the golf course or in a golf simulator.
In terms of accuracy, the Bridgestone 2017 E6 Soft Golf Ball is a clear winner owing to its low side spin for optimal control over the ball on every shot. The Bridgestone 2017 E6 Soft Golf ball is an ideal choice for mid and high handicap players, and can help take your golf game to a whole new level.
- BRIDGESTONE GOLF BALLS: Switch to the BRIDGESTONE GOLF e6 SOFT golf ball and feel what it is like to gain accuracy, distance, and a decisive advantage over the competition with a BRIDGESTONE golf ball
- E6 SOFT: Pack of 12 BRIDGESTONE GOLF e6 SOFT white golf balls for men; This golf ball features low driver and long iron spin for straighter distance, as well as an advanced mantle and cover which work together for great approach and green-side performance
- COLORED GOLF BALLS AVAILABLE: Also available in Optic Yellow color for greater visibility on the fairway, green and in the rough
- BRIDGESTONE GOLF TECHNOLOGY: These golf balls feature the Delta Dimple design for smoother air resistance and greater distance to help your swing go longer while resisting pop ups for straighter shots on the golf course or in the golf simulator
- BRIDGESTONE E6 SOFT GOLF BALLS: A high-performance alternative to golf balls from TaylorMade, Wilson, Titleist, Callaway, Srixon and other leading brands of men's golf balls for sale
- Available in two colors – white and yellow
- Designed for low driver and long iron spin
- Smoother air resistance for longer distance
- Advanced mantle and Delta dimple cover design
- Low side spin for better accuracy
- May not be a good fit for low handicappers
Srixon Men’s Soft Feel Golf Ball
The Srixon Men’s Soft Feel Golf Ball set includes two golf balls, both of which feature a cover hardness of 60, cover thickness of 0.071″, compression of 72 and 344 dimple design. It boasts a low compression design resulting in better accuracy on off-center shots.
With regards to construction, the Srixon Men’s Soft Feel Golf Ball is a step above the competition with a highly resilient, extremely soft energetic gradient growth core, which along with superior aerodynamics provides mid handicap golfers with a soft feel, exceptional distance, and moderate swing speeds.
The Srixon Men’s Soft Feel Golf Ball is appointed with an improved 344 power ionomer cover with dimple design that is designed to help you play like the stars with penetrating trajectory and higher lift force. The 344 dimple pattern of the Srixon Soft Feel golf ball is spread across a larger area to reduce drag and travel longer distance.
To seal the deal, the Srixon soft feel golf ball for men is emblazoned with a unique “hit straight” alignment arrow, which not only allows you to focus well on the target, but offers better accuracy on the green.
If you’re looking for a golf ball that flies far and straight, produces a slightly higher launch angle and reduce spin rate, and lands softly on the green too, the Srixon Men’s Soft Feel golf ball is probably your best bet.
- Two piece value golf ball for 70+ mile per hour swing speeds
- (Energetic Gradient Growth Core) Improved EGG; Feels softer while maintaining optimal launch conditions and increasing ball speed
- 344 Speed Dimples
- Lonomer cover
- 344 dimple design with ionomer cover
- Soft feel with energetic gradient growth core
- Hit straight alignment arrow on each ball
- Ideal for a wide range of players
- Box includes dozen balls
- Only one color available
Finding the right golf ball to improve your handicap and skill level on the green can be a daunting task owing to the plethora of options available. The 7 options on this list of best golf ball for mid handicapper are designed specifically to help you to improve your game and get into a low handicap category.
The Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls come from one of the most reputed names in the golf arena, which alone speaks volumes about the quality and performance you can expect. Plus, they are available in a choice of 6 colors and equipped with a urethane cover for great control on the green.
The Callaway 2017 Supersoft is billed as the softest ball in the company’s lineup owing to its tri-ionomer cover complete with HEX aerodynamics for longer travel distance. The Titleist Velocity Prior Generation golf ball features a reengineered core and dimple design for a soaring flight, while the Titleist Tour Soft golf ball provides a class leading soft feel, great distance and consistent flight.
The Titleist DT TruSoft offers the softest compression in the company’s range, and features a TruTouch core for low spin for longer distance. Both the Bridgestone and Srixon golf balls are budget friendly options that come with all the right features to help you give it your best shot each time on the green. These include advanced cores, excellent cover design for smooth and straight shots, superior aerodynamics, and even an alignment aid on the Srixon golf ball for exceptional target focus and accuracy.