Best Cart Bags – Best Golf Cart Bag for the Money
When shopping for a golf bag, you will come across two main types – cart bags and stand bags. The former, just as the name would suggest, is designed to be placed on a hand or power cart and hauled around the course, whereas stand bags are similar in appearance to cart bags, but can be set in an upright position with integrated legs when you’re taking your shot.
Cart bags in most cases prove to be the better option between the two given that you don’t have to carry them over your shoulders especially when hitting the course over longer periods. Buying the best cart bag, however, can be an overwhelming task owing to the myriad options available, but we’ve rounded up four great golf bags to up the ante in your golf game.
TaylorMade Golf TM Cart Golf Bag 5.0
The TaylorMade 5.0 Cart Bag is truly in a league of its own owing mostly to the generously spaced and large number of pockets. Available in a choice of six exciting color combinations including blue/black, white/orange and grey/white, the bag is not only cart optimized, but also equipped with a plush padded and comfortable shoulder strap to help carry it around with comfort.
Made from high quality nylon, it features 14 dividers including three full size dividers at the top opening, which allows you to organize your clubs just the way you like it. Furthermore, the TaylorMade 5.0 Cart Bag is appointed with seven pockets to store items such as balls and tees, and two apparel pockets to stock essential clothing needed on the course.
That’s not all – the TaylorMade 5.0 Cart Bag is also fitted with a water bottle pouch and a velour lined pouch to store valuables. Measuring 36 x 13 x 10 inches, and lightweight at just 4.9 lbs, the TaylorMade 5.0 Cart Bag comes with an integrated rain hood to protect your gear in wet weather conditions. And there’s even an onsite umbrella sleeve, so you stay dry along with your gear.
The TaylorMade 5.0 Cart Bag is designed to protect your golf essentials against dirt and grime, but should be maintained in order for it to do so. Get started by removing all the contents from the bag, and gently spray water all over the bag. Next, grab some mild soap mixed with warm water, and wipe the bag down thoroughly with a soft, clean cloth.
Although this bag boasts a robust build, it is important that you don’t clean is too aggressively or else you may risk damaging its design elements including zippers. Now rinse the bag preferably with a hose and keep an eye out for stubborn stains. You will probably need to treat the stubborn stains with a stain remover, so spray the stain removal solution over the stain, let it rest for a minute or two, and then use a soft rag to wipe it clean.
Once the bag is free of dirt and stains inside and out, set it aside overnight and in a clean, shaded area to dry out completely. Even though you could dry the TaylorMade 5.0 Cart Bag faster by setting it under the sun, it is not recommended because the sun’s harmful rays may cause discoloration and irreparable damage to its exterior. To restore the bag and its pockets to their original shape, stuff towels in the pockets to expand the compartments.
- Cart Optimized
- Velour Lined Valuables Pocket
- 2 garment pockets
- Available in 6 different colors
- 14-way divider top including 3 full length dividers
- 7 pockets plus 2 apparel pockets
- Water bottle pouch, rain hood, umbrella sleeve
- Velour lined valuables pouch
- Lacks a cooler pocket
PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag
The PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag rings in with an extensive list of thoughtful features, such as an external putter tube to avoid damaging them when placed in the divided sections, especially ones with large heads. Speaking of dividers, it comes with 14 individual slots at the top including four full length dividers, so you can store your clubs neatly and gain easy access to them.
In terms of storage space, the bag features a large number of zippered pockets including a deep ball pocket, small accessory pocket, fur lined valuable pocket, an insulated drinks pocket to keep your drinks at the right temperature, and two full length side pockets that are ideal to store your golf apparel.
Tipping the scales at just 5.3 lbs, the PROSiMMON Tour golf cart bag is equipped with a golf towel ring, a Velcro glove holder, golf towel ring and even an external umbrella strap to secure your umbrella when not in use.
Available in a choice of three color combinations – black/blue, black/green and black/grey, the PROSiMMON Tour comes with a rain hood to protect your golf accessories against wet weather. If you’re looking for a golf cart bag that not only looks and feels great, but also one that comes with ample storage space including a dedicated external slot for your putter and offers superior durability, the PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag is worth a second look.
- 14 way dividers
- Plenty of zippered pockets
- External putter tube if you prefer to store your putter externally – great for putters with larger heads
- Velcro glove holder
- Golf towel ring, External umbrella strap
- 14 way divider including 4 full length slots
- External putter tube to store putter separately
- Available in 3 color combinations
- Velcro glove holder, golf towel ring and onsite umbrella strap
- Lightweight at just 5.3 lbs
- Insulated drinks pocket
- Fastening system for umbrella may come loose
- Cart strap may partially block putter holder opening
Founders Club Premium Cart Bag
If you’re looking for a golf bag that will make you look and feel like a star on the course, don’t think twice – just buy the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag. In terms of space, it takes home the gold owing to its 14-way anti-rattle divider top, which holds your clubs securely in position and without coming in contact with each other to prevent damage.
Available in a choice of two colors – red and orange, the Founders cart bag showcases high quality construction with a robust inner tube design for superior durability in and out. Weighing in at just 6.5 lbs, the Founders Club golf cart bag rests on a rather large reinforced base, and is fitted with a comfort padded carry strap, double handle side and single front handle.
When it comes to storage spaces, the Founders Club Premium truly gives you more than you could ask for with 10 zippered pockets, two mesh pockets, golf ball and tees pocket and a lined pockets to store your valuables.
If that’s not enough, there’s even an onsite cooler pocket to keep your drinks chill on the green, a glove holder, a nylon string loop holder for brushes and other accessories, an umbrella slot to store your umbrella and a rain hood to protect your gear from wet weather.
The Founders Club Premium golf cart bag is a great choice for both novice and seasoned golfers or anyone looking for a bag that offers the best of both worlds – durability and performance. To seal the deal, the Founders Club Premium golf cart bag comes with a full 12-month warranty, so it will serve you well for many years to come.
- Club Management Design Top- Molded 14 Way Top Organizer protects irons from damage as well as keeping clubs from rattling/clanging and making noise. Each iron, wood, and putter has it’s own dedicated spot so you will always find the club you need quickly and notice when a club is missing. The putter spot accepts larger grips up to 1 ¾” in diameter
- High Quality lightweight construction – This cart bag comes with a large, reinforced and sturdy base and several handles to make lifting your clubs out of the trunk and onto your cart a breeze. The bag comes with 2 integrated side grab handles and a bottom handle built into the cooler pocket. It also has a rear grab handle and a tuck away padded carry strap. The Cart Bag also includes a strap channel to secure your bag and clubs to your cart.
- Equipped with 9 zippered pockets and 2 mesh pockets for ample storage for all your gear and accessories- Includes an insulated cooler pocket with drains to keep your favorite on course beverage cool, 2 additional front/ball pockets, 2 front side mesh pockets, 2 long side expandable pockets for bulky rain gear and shoes, 2 side velour lined pockets for valuables, and 2 additional side pockets.
- Plenty of add on features to make your time on the course more enjoyable and easy to manage- The bag includes an external tee holder, an umbrella holder, a D clip to clip on golf towels and range finders, a glove holder, and snap on rain hood.
- This bag comes with a full 12 month warranty from Founders Club and the assurance of dealing with a US based golf company that has been around since 1990.
- 14-way anti rattle divider top
- Tubular design with reinforced base
- 10 zipper pockets, 2 mesh pockets, cooler and valuables pocket
- Glove holder, umbrella slot and rain hood
- Padded carry strap and side and front handle
- Backed by 12 month manufacturer warranty
- Lacks dedicated slot for putter
- A little heavy, mainly due to its solid build
Hot-Z Golf 4.5 Cart Bag
Hot-Z is an All-American company that was conceived after the Civil War, and is credited for most of the modern features seen in today’s golf bags. If you’re aren’t sure about what those innovative features are, hint – they are all present in the Hot-Z Golf 4.5 Cart Bag.
For starters, the Hot-Z Golf 4.5 Cart Bag features a large, 9.5 inch top that is divided into 14 full length, club friendly dividers including a dedicated putter pit and two handles on each side to carry it around easily. The icing on the cake, however, would have to be the 9 zippered pockets including a bottle compartment and velour lined valuables pocket.
Need to carry more accessories on the green? The Hot-Z Golf 4.5 Cart Bag has you covered with an umbrella and tee holder, rain hood cover to protect your gear from the harsh elements, towel ring with Velcro glove attachment, and there’s even an onsite pen and scorecard sleeve.
Lightweight at just 7.2 lbs and measuring 36″ x 12″ x 11″ on the exterior, the Hot-Z Golf 4.5 Cart Bag arrives feature rich, and has the necessary storage compartments to store your clubs, putter and even valuables. Further, it is equipped with a well-padded single carry strap that’s easy to adjust and secure with the integrated elastic band. The Hot-Z Golf 4.5 Cart Bag even comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty, so you can buy with the confidence knowing that you won’t be shopping for a new golf bag anytime soon.
- 9.5 Inch 14-way graphite friendly separator top w/ putter pit and handles
- 14 Full length club/shaft dividers
- 8 Zippered pockets including a velour lined valuables pocket & bottle compartment
- Padded rear position single carry strap w/ elastic band to secure strap
- Pen sleeve, towel ring w/ velcro glove attachment, umbrella and tee holder, scorecard sleeve & rain hood cover
- 14 way divider system including putter pit
- Ample storage areas with 9 zippered pockets
- Lightweight dobby nylon materials
- Towel ring with Velcro adjustment, pen, sleeve and umbrella/tee holder
- Padded single strap
- Weighs just 7.2 lbs and measuring 36″ x 12″ x 11″
- No handle at the front
- No loop for golf cart strap to go through
Buying the best golf cart bag is easier said than done, because you not only have to ensure that it has all the right features to help you perform well on the course, but also be highly durable to last a few seasons. When on the shopping trail for a golf bag, you will be spoiled for choice given the myriad different types available, but cart bags are generally a preferred choice mostly due to the large number of compartments and generous amounts of storage they provide.
On the downside, cart golf bags are a bit heavier for the walking golfer than other types of golf bags, but this is due to their sturdy design that includes solid bases to attach to a golf cart. The four golf cart bag options provided on this list are designed for both novice and professional golfers, and come with several essential and great features to help you get your game on!
For a golf cart bag that can be ordered in an array of color options such as blue/black and white/orange, the TaylorMade Golf TM Cart Golf Bag 5.0 is a great choice. It is lightweight at just 4.9 lbs, and comes with a matching rain hood, 14-way divider top and 10 pockets including two garment pockets and a water bottle pouch, making it a perfect fit for those just getting their feet wet on the course.
If you’re an avid golfer looking for a golf cart bag that gives you more storage options, the PROSiMMON Tour 14 Way Cart Golf Bag may be a better fit. It not only comes with plenty of zippered pockets, a 14-way divider top, but even a separate external putter tube to store your putter. Adding to this, it also features an external umbrella strap, Velcro glove holder, towel ring, and can be ordered in a choice of three color combinations including black/green and black/grey.
If you’d like to step it a few notches and buy a top notch golf bag right from the get go, you really can’t go wrong with the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag. Although it’s available in just one exciting color combination, black/orange, it does come with an anti-rattle 14 way divider top, insulated cooler pocket, 2 mesh pockets rain hood, umbrella slot and drawstring and is backed by a one year manufacturer warranty. And if you’d like the same features of the Founders Club Premium Cart Bag only with a dedicated putter pit, the Hot-Z Golf 4.5 Cart Bag is worth a second look.